1.1 This regulation of use for Beisembayev Library Toraighyrov University are developed in accordance with the Model guidelines for using of the Library of Higher Educational Institution of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Bulletin of the Higher School of Kazakhstan. – 1995. – No. 4.- P. 120 – 123) and the Regulations on the Beisembayev Library, approved by I. about. Deputy Chairman of the Board for administrative, social and educational work of NJSC “Toraigyrov University” 2020
1.2 The rules regulate the general organization for services for university readers, the rights and obligations of the library and the readers.
2 General guidelines for using of the library
2.1 The right for using of Beisembayev Library presents for academic teaching staff, students and specialists of the university. Other categories of readers are served on a one-off basis with the permission of the library director.
2.2. Basic library services are provided free of charge. Additional paid services are provided on the basis of the list and price lists approved by the rector of NJSC Toraigyrov University.
2.3. Readers are enrolled in the library according to a document certifying the reader’s affiliation with the university: for students – an order of admission to the university, a certificate from the dean’s office or student card, for applicants – an examination sheet, for teachers and employees – an identity card and certificates from the personal department.
2.4. The reader is issued a single library card for the right to use the library and the reader’s form is filled out (from January 2021, from the moment of the restoration of RFID technology, only an electronic library card will be issued). When registering for the library, readers get acquainted with its rules and confirm their commitment to fulfill them by signing in the library card and in the form.
2.5. The validity period of a traditional library card is one year, an electronic library card – until graduation from the university (signing a bypass sheet). Every year (before the beginning of the academic year), the library re-registrations its readers with the presentation of all literature listed for them, and the extension of the library card. The library does not service the readers who have not re-registered within the established timeframe.
2.6 The library card is the only document that gives the right to use the library. It is not permitted to transfer a library card to another person to receive books from the library.
2.7 The reader must inform the library about all changes of the surname, place of work and study, place of residence, phone number within 10 days.
2.8 Upon leaving the university, readers return to the library their iteration, periodical and library cards, sign a bypass list.
2.9 Handing-out of literature at home is carried out on subscriptions. Reading rooms provide literature for non-removable use. Encyclopedias, reference books, dissertations, current periodicals, rare and valuable books and publications are issued only for work in reading rooms. The last and only copy with the stamp “Obligatory copy” is not subject to delivery to the house.
2.10 Upon receipt of books, other printed works and other materials, readers skip over the books, if defects are found, readers inform the librarian about it, otherwise the reader who has used the publication is responsible for damage to the books.
2.11 Readers who violate the rules of use or damage to the library, bear administrative, civil (material) or criminal liability in the forms provided for by the current legislation, regulations and rules for using the library.
2.12 Readers responsible for the loss or damage to the publication replace it with the same publication, or their copies, or publications recognized by the library as equivalent, and if replacement is impossible, reimburse their real market value.
3 Guidelines for using of the subscription
3.1 On a subscription, literature is handed out to your home for the following periods:
– educational and methodological literature is issued for the period of study of the relevant subject with mandatory re-registration within the prescribed period with the presentation of specific publications;
– Small-sample educational literature is issued for 10 days;
– control copies from the main storage fund are issued for 1 day;
– scientific and special literature is issued for one month in the amount of up to 5 books;
– fiction literature is issued for 15 days in the amount of 2-3 books.
3.2 The guidelines for using of publications can be extended if there is no demand for them from other readers or reduced if the publications are available in one copy and are in high demand. The reader who has not extended the book is deprived of the right to use.
3.3 The guidelines for using of issue of small-copy editions are set by the library on a case-by-case basis, and such editions are returned upon the first request of the library.
3.4 When ordering literature on subscriptions, readers show a library card, fill out a reader’s request.
3.5 Handing-out of books on a subscription is carried out on a single library card, if this document is absent, books are not handed out for house.
Handing-out of books is issued by the reader’s receipt on the book form of each publication (date, group, surname, library card number). When the publications are returned, the reader’s receipts are canceled by striking out the date of issue. The book form is a document certifying the fact and date of issuance to the reader and receipt by the librarian of the print work.
3.6 University teachers are given no more than fifteen books, staff no more than five books.
3.7 Owing to the death of the reader, the debt on books is written off (by order of the university administration), if there is no way to repay the debt from relatives and friends, and for other reasons.
4 The guidelines for using of reading hall
4.1 Handing-out of books in the reading room is carried out with a single library card.
4.2 Handing-out of books is formalized by the reader’s receipt on the book form of each publication.
4.3 The number of books, other documents and materials given out in the reading rooms is not limited. If there is a one-time increased demand, the number of books may be limited.
4.4 It is not allowed to enter the reading rooms with personal and library books, magazines, newspapers, clippings from printed publications and other printed materials.
4.5 It is prohibited to take literature out of the reading room without the special permission of the librarian. In case of violation of this rule, readers are deprived of the right to use the library for a period determined by the administration of the library, depending on the degree of violation.
5 Reader’s rights and obligations
5.1 Readers have the right to:
– use free of charge the main types of library and information services provided by the library;
– to receive complete, reliable information on the composition of the library funds through the electronic catalog, other forms of library information;
– use the data of the electronic catalog, Internet services and other information services;
– quality service and friendly attitude;
– to receive advice in the search and selection of information sources.
5.2 The reader is not allowed to:
– visit the library in outerwear;
– enter reading rooms with bags;
– to break the silence and order in the library premises;
– transfer your library card to other persons or use someone else’s document to obtain literature;
– take books out of the library without paperwork;
– spoil library publications (make notes in them, underline, tear out sheets, bend the spines, circle illustrations and diagrams through tracing paper and carbon paper);
– violate the integrity of electronic databases, including the electronic catalog.
5.3 Readers are required to:
– to obtain literature, present a library card, fill in the requirements and sign for each publication in the book form;
– take good care of books, other printed works and other materials and library property, if necessary, make minor repairs (pasting) of publications before returning to the library;
– return the publications received in the library on time;
– take good care of your library card.
6 Library rights and obligations
6.1 Library serves the readers in accordance with Guidelines for using of Beisembayev Library Toraighyrov University and Guidelines for using of the library.
6.2 The Library has the right:
– for constant control over the returning to the library of issued books, other printed works and other materials of the library fund;
– to impose a fine, administrative measures to readers who violate the Library guidelines;
– to collect from readers the real market value of lost or damaged publications, and in case of persistent unwillingness to reimburse lost or damaged publications, apply to notarial authorities in order to reimburse the reader or his parents at the place of work of their real tenfold amount.
6.3 The library must:
– be guided by the principles of humanism, tolerance, political and ideological pluralism, equality of access to information;
– to observe in their activities political neutrality in relation to parties and social movements;
– to provide readers with the opportunity to use all the library funds; if there is a lack of the necessary literature, the library is obliged to provide the reader with the opportunity to make a photocopy of the necessary educational material;
– create and maintain the necessary conditions for the work of readers in the library, take measures to attract all students and staff to the library;
– inform readers about all types of services provided;
– popularize their funds and services provided, develop and encourage interest in the book;
– study and most fully satisfy the needs of readers;
– improve library and information services, introduce new technologies and services;
– to promote the development of information culture of users, library and bibliographic literacy of readers through oral consultations, conversations and classes on the basics of information culture and library and bibliographic knowledge;
– to record, store and use the documents in the fund in accordance with the established rules;
– to be responsible for the safety of their funds, which are part of the national cultural heritage, to monitor the timely return of the books issued to the reader to the library;
– make the next issue of books to the reader at home only after receiving from him previously issued books, the term of use of which has expired;
– inform the reader (if he is in debt) about the need to return books to the library within 10 days. If the books are not returned within this period, the library sends the reader a written request for their return or replacement with equivalent content and value. The requirement should contain a warning that penalties will be applied. In case of non-return of books or failure to replace them with equivalent ones within the specified period, the library sends to the dean’s offices, notarial authorities demands to collect from the reader or from his parents at the place of work the cost of the lost or damaged books in 10 times the market value.
6.4 It is not allowed to restrict readers’ access to the library fund for ideological and political reasons.